Five of our favourite First Turkey Trails
1. Bush Chook Donut – forms a loop which runs off Horseshoe. This is a great trail for beginners and also a fun warm-up for more experienced riders.
2. Finley’s – Rising 93 metres over its 2.4 km length, Finley’s is a great way to warm-up and get your day started. With plenty of tight switchbacks and single track through native bushland, this popular track also features the odd scrub turkey crossing the path to keep you on your toes!
3. Hanging Rock – named after the ominous boulder that hangs impossibly off the side of a turn in the trail, this track is a fast and twisty connector that links Horseshoe to the base of Jackhammer.
4. Horseshoe – a fun XC trail that runs above Moore’s Creek. Arguably the best trail in the whole First Turkey reserve, Horseshoe serves as a connector trail and is one that you will find yourself crossing many times during your day at First Turkey.
5. Scrub Turkey – Tight switchbacks, slippy corners and rocky outcrops make Scrub Turkey a fun filled ride. The two-way trail is accessible from Horseshoe at the bottom and Turkey’s Nest at the top.
Click here to view the First Turkey Trailforks Map.
For more information on the trails and hubs weaving through First Turkey, visit www.rockymtb.org.au and make mountain biking part of your next #visitcapricorn holiday.